Oct 26, 2019

Peter Pan inspired Halloween Costumes


Once upon a time my family lived for a good group costume. 
Oh how times have changed. The days of spending hours putting together the perfect group costume are long gone. Now that my girls are getting older they tell me exactly who they want to dress up as and it is a quick trip to the mall or Target.  

So humor me while I relish on the memories of our first family group costume...the year we attended Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland in 2012 as John Darling, Nana and Wendy Darling. 

These costumes took me less than three days to put together and so could you! 


John Darling Costume

- I bought the felt Top Hat from Party City for $2.99 
(Similar option Top Hat from Party City for $0.99)
- I bought the fake reading glasses (popped out the lens) and black umbrella at the 99 cent store!
- I found an over sized Men's White Dress Shirt from JCPenny for under $6
(Similar option here and here)
- Since we were at Disneyland my husband decided on wearing his regular running shoes.
But I have seen very affordable black slippers here and here!



Nana Costume

For Cailee's costume I kept it simple and bought the puppy costume on Amazon and sewed on the felt bone tag. 
I added the ribbon bow on her so people would know she's a girl!


Wendy Darling Costume

- I found a light blue long sleeve dress in the clearance section at Forever 21. It was two sizes bigger than I normally wear but because it was suppose to be a night gown it worked perfectly!
(Similar options here and here)
- I added the blue ribbon as a bow in my hair and accented my dress to look a little more like Wendy in the above photo!
- The blue ribbon was an easy find at my local craft store. I have since found it at Hobby Lobby as well!
- White tights from Target. 
(Similar options here and here)
- Black flats I already owned but found great options here and here!

Happy almost Halloween!

xoxo 
Jocelyn




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!