Nov 12, 2018

Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park

The hubby and I took the girls to Disneyland yesterday for a much needed family fun day!

The parks were crowded but that didn't stop us from stuffing our faces with delicious food!

Lucky for us this weekend kicked off the Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park. 


This was the hubby's first time trying out the AP Sip and Savor Pass and he was not disappointed!

What is a Sip and Savor Pass?
Each Sip and Savor Pass is $54, including tax. In addition to a reduced price, Annual Passholders will also receive a special Passholder lanyard as well as buttons (at participating marketplaces upon coupon redemption). To receive the Passholder price and keepsakes, a valid Annual Pass and photo ID must be shown upon purchase.

This was my second time enjoying the Sip and Savor Pass and it was just as good as the first time if not better!


Now its time to share my favorites...

First up is the 
Beef Pot Roast on a Potato Roll with Horseradish Cream 
from Grandma's Recipes

I liked this dish but wish there was a little less horseradish cream on it.


Next up was the 
Pozole Rojo Beef with Hominy Polenta 
from A Twist on Tradition

This dish was delicious and very flavorful! 
I had never had polenta before but was pleasantly surprise how well it went with the beef!


The Chorizo Queso Fundido with House-made Tortilla Chips 
from Brew and Bites was hands down my husband's favorite!


The Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Sausage 
from Holiday Duets was so good!

The sausage had a little kick to it that just made the dish so delicious.
This dish is one of my favorites!



My second favorite dish was the Holiday Stuffing Mac & Cheese
from Winter Sliderland.

This dish isn't the prettiest to look at but it is tasty! 
Absolutely the epitome of comfort food!


My least favorite dish of the day was the
Jalapeno Latkes with Chipotle Crema 
from Spicy Celebrations!

This was good but after a bite I was over it. 
Not sure if it was the Crema but I just didn't care for the dish.



I have two more coupons to redeem and I am hoping to try the 
Turkey & Stuffing Tamale with Cranberry Relish from Merry Mashup
and the
Braised Pork Belly Adobo with Garlic Fried Rice from Blissfully Braised!

Some other treats we indulged in that deserve to be mentioned are...

The Mimosa Flight from Making Spirits Bright.

The flight came with a Pomegranate Mimosa, Pear Mimosa and White Cranberry Mimosa.

I am not a Mimosa kind of person but I enjoyed all three flavors!


I also tried the Pomegranate Margarita with Chipotle-smoked Sea Salt Half-Rim and it was awesome. The margarita was not watered down at all and the chipotle sea salt was just the right spice to it!


And the girls hustled daddy to buy them red churros and surprise surprise they tasted no different.
  
                                                                                                                                                                

Yesterday was just what we needed :)

And we are already planning our next visit back to the park in a couple of weeks!


xoxo,
Jocelyn





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!