Jan 2, 2018

Goals

Last year I jot down my goals for the new year on the second so why not do the same this year! Like I've said before I don't care for resolutions but I am all for setting goals!

Last year I set about seven goals for myself (see those here) and to be 100% honest I only successfully accomplished two of them! For those wondering, the two goals accomplished were keeping a plant alive for more than two weeks and throwing myself a Harry Potter themed birthday party!

My new goals for this year will definitely include those not accomplished last year because I'm no quitter ;)

So here they are...My new goals for 2018!

1) Go on at least one kid free date night each month!
- This was a goal I set last year that we let slip threw the cracks. I am happy to report that we have at least two dates officially planned! So we are definitely off to a great start.

2) Clean up every night.
- No matter how tired I may be, I am going to make it a point to not go to sleep with a messy house. I notice the difference when I wake up and have a messy kitchen my mornings always take longer and I become agitated. When I wake up to a clean kitchen everything seems to go flawlessly. Basically clean up every night before bed.

3) Get dressed!
- No more being lazy and throwing on a sweater over the shirt I slept in the night before. I put so much effort to make my kids look presentable but don't do the same for myself. I promise myself to put in the effort! I'm not saying I'll have a pin-worthy outfit on each day but at least look like I made the effort. I want my girls to see their mommy looking and feeling good!

4) Keep a tidy car. 
- My poor car doesn't get the love it deserves. I leave cups in there and leave sweater after sweater piled up on the empty seats. I know damn well this goal will be something my husband will appreciate too. A clean car will make for an easier school drop off thats for sure! 

5) Jot down important memories.
- Specifically the stories my grandma shares with me! My grandma is 96 years old and is the sharpest woman I know. She is so incredibly full of life and I love listening to her tell me stories of her and my grandfather. Stories of when they first met and when they traveled to the United States from Peru in the 60s. I never want to forget those stories so I purchased a notebook that I will jot down these stories she shares with me. 

6) Want vs Need
- I am quite the impulse shopper. Is it a terrible habit to have? I am sure there are worse habits I could have but lets be honest my wallet probably disagrees. Before I make a purchase I am going to ask myself if it is a want or a need. I hope I will see our savings account increase this year!

7) Go back to school!
- I have an AA in Visual Communications for FIDM. This year I want to return to school and get my BA in marketing or early childhood education. Heck maybe I'll get a degree in both! This year I want to challenge myself mentally. It will be a year of growth and purpose. Almost like I am discovering what I want to be when I grow up! 

8) Begin planning our Walt Disney World Vacation!!
- This might be a long shot but I want to throw it out into the universe! My daughter and heck even I have been wanting to travel down to Florida and visit Walt Disney World!! It comes up in conversation a lot in our home and although I think financially we aren't in a position to travel right at this moment...it is definitely something I am excited to save up for! 

2018 you are going to be an amazing year I can just feel it!

Goals prepared to be crushed!

xoxo
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!