Last week I turned the big 3-0 and we celebrated it in such a magical way.
I threw myself a Harry Potter themed party and it was everything!!!!
I spent weeks upon weeks finalizing details, crafting party goodies and collecting items for our costumes!
Yes...I told guest they could come dressed up as their favorite characters or in their best Hogwarts gear! And to my surprise almost everyone (minus two people) came dressed up!!
When you first walked into the house you found yourself at Platform 9 3/4! Guests made their way right through the brick wall :)
If guests weren't quite ready to take a trip on the Hogwarts Express, they were welcomed to lounge near the owl post!
Party goers were in for a special treat in the restroom. Its not every day you get a visit from Moaning Myrtle!
The cake and treats table was by far one of my favorite details of the party. From the floating candles that lit up the room to the chocolate frogs. I loved putting everything together :) I think it would have even made Ron proud!
As you made your way through to the patio guests were transported to potion's class!
Guests could pick a "potion" to make to help get their party on!
The hubs suggested we get dry ice to really make our potion's class feel authentic and boy was it awesome!!
Of course I had to dress up as my favorite character...Luna Lovegood. My husband dressed up in Slytherin school uniform.
And Cailee dressed up as her favorite character Hermione! She wore the dress Hermione wore to the yule ball. To say she is obsessed with the dress is an understatement. So happy I was able to score it on Ebay totally brand new.
This little gem of a Snapchat filter was a big hit at the party!
No house party is complete without quidditch pong and a dj!
The night was one for the books!
Sources for party details and diy crafts:
- Platform 9 3/4 sign tutorial.
- Brick wall tutorial.
- Welcome Muggles and Happy Birthday signs made from printables found on Etsy.
- Moaning Myrtle picture found here.
- Golden Snitch candy tutorial I found but I ended up just free handing the wings on plain white computer paper.
- Chocolate frogs made with melting chocolate and this frog mold.
- Signage for treats table from this Etsy shop.
- Custom Cookies by Mpressive Creations.
- Potion's Class bottle labels from this Etsy shop.
- Potion's bottles big and small found at Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby.
- Luna Lovegood costume:
- Snapchat filter from Etsy.
- Hogwarts house banners made loosely by following this tutorial with a twist.
- Quidditch Pong tutorial.
*Some affiliate links are used in this post*