May 15, 2017

Mother's Day

Today I welcome Monday with open arms and a list of chores a mile long. 
Yesterday I had the honor of being celebrated by the ones I love. Don't get me wrong my family always makes me feel special but yesterday was just the icing on the top!

The morning started out with a bang, my husband so graciously got up with Charlotte at the crack of dawn! 
And I pretended to be asleep so Cailee and Chris could sneak out and buy me flowers! Hearing her excitement to go off with daddy to get me something special is something I wish I had recored. 
So of course when they arrived back home I pretended to be sound asleep as she walked in and yelled "Surprise! Happy Mother's Day mommy".

Cailee made me the cutest card that read "I think you're Dandy and I'm not lion!!" she thought it was hilarious and I couldn't help but cry haha! At school they also made the cutest tote bag with their little hands as flowers!

No amount of gifts could ever come close to these special hand made gifts from the big girl!

The morning was off to a great start and what happened next just made it that much better!

I've been hinting to the hubs the last few years that I wanted to have a special tea time for Mother's Day and this was the year they made it happen!!!

We got dolled up in pretty floral dresses and got to experience our first tea time together as a family!



I am such a sucker for matching outfits and I am so glad I had picked these pretty dresses up at Target earlier in the week! On cartwheel they were 20% off so that was a no brainer! 

It worked out perfectly because they were so excited to wear flowery dresses just like mommy!


The girls got to try tea and they just loved the pretty tea cups and I obsessed over the lace linens!!

The tea was a fruity blend but my oldest hated it and my youngest absolutely loved it!


 We were started off with the best salad!
Then came those cute little sandwiches, delicious scones and the absolute best dessert!

I ate everything you would have thought I hadn't eaten in a week!


Pretty pink walls...need I say more?!?!


After tea time we headed on over to Color Me Mine.
I got to paint and the girls got to give my husband a mini stroke!!
Sadly no pictures were taken and for a good reason lol. Cailee painted her truck all the colors  from the rainbow and Charlotte mixed the colors my husband took 10 minutes to select.
Her turtle ended up being a hot mess but hey it was mothers day and I had a blast ;)

The rest of the day was spent visiting our families!

It really was the best day and my heart is full but so are my laundry baskets so now I must go  and mommy on!

I hope you all had a great weekend and an even better start to your week!

xoxo
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!