Mar 20, 2018

Reading Now: The Woman in Cabin 10

I just finished reading The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware!



If you haven't read this little gem than I share with you a quick little overview of the book from Barnes and Nobles website:

"In this tightly wound, enthralling story reminiscent of Agatha Christie’s works, Lo Blacklock, a journalist who writes for a travel magazine, has just been given the assignment of a lifetime: a week on a luxury cruise with only a handful of cabins. The sky is clear, the waters calm, and the veneered, select guests jovial as the exclusive cruise ship, the Aurora, begins her voyage in the picturesque North Sea. At first, Lo’s stay is nothing but pleasant: the cabins are plush, the dinner parties are sparkling, and the guests are elegant. But as the week wears on, frigid winds whip the deck, gray skies fall, and Lo witnesses what she can only describe as a dark and terrifying nightmare: a woman being thrown overboard. The problem? All passengers remain accounted for—and so, the ship sails on as if nothing has happened, despite Lo’s desperate attempts to convey that something (or someone) has gone terribly, terribly wrong…"

As a family we love reading books as you can probably tell from my past posts. Normally I am reading books of the kid variety but lately I have made the time to read "mommy books". It has been the best way to spend my very little amount of "me time". 

I bought this book back in February and just finished. Which screams volumes on how much I actually liked this book! When I truly love a book I finish it within a couple of days not weeks! 
This book was definitely interesting but it was rather slow for my liking.
I struggled to read it because it was so slow in the beginning. I didn't start really getting into the book until after Chapter 9 and then I couldn't put it down!

With that being said, Would I recommend this book to a friend? Yes, I would because it was definitely a page turner towards the end and I couldn't believe the way the story panned out!

FYI: The book is currently $10.31 on B&N website!!


Have you read this book?!?! Did you like it???

Now I am off to search for a new book!!

xoxo
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!