Sep 7, 2015

school week { first day of school }



I need to start off by saying that Cailee absolutely adores school and that first day jitters are way worse for parents. 

The weeks leading up to the first day of school were hard for me. I had moments of pure excitement and then heart wrenching fear. We knew Cailee starting school would be the best thing for her. She loves to learn and especially being around kids her own age. Then my momma brain would think of every worst case scenario and I would start to rethink the whole school thing. 

But August came sooner than I could imagine and next thing I knew I was laying out her uniform for her first day of school. Just like that in a blink of an eye, we were walking out the door heading to school.

Cailee was nothing short of excited while I was sitting in the passenger seat fighting back the tears. You seriously would have thought I was sending her off to college. But I had a game plan you see! I was not going to let myself cry until she was safely inside her school and we were back in the car heading home. HAHA! Ya as you can guess that did not happen. 

The kids were lined up waiting to walk into school and the second they did walk away the ugly cry started. I swear I tried to hold it together but the tears just flowed. As I watched my little one walk away with nothing but excitement and pure joy in her heart all I could do was cry.  Needless to say I was pretty damn embarrassed but another mother walked up to me with arms wide opened reassuring me that I was not the only one feeling that way. Her hug and words were exactly what I need that moment and I will always remember that kind gesture. 

Rest assured I had plenty to do with Charlotte as we waited to pick up sister. Thanks to laundry and reruns of the real housewives pick up time came around in a flash.

And what would you know, while I was at home worried about my kiddo...she was having the time of her life at school.

I couldn't be more excited for her in this new journey of hers.

And now as I write this three weeks into school I can confidently say we made the perfect decision for our child.  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!