Jan 16, 2018

Favorite Lentil Recipes

I am a big fan of lentils and normally would only cook them from time to time as a side to our main dinner meals!The hubby and kids weren't real big fans of the bland taste of the lentils I would make. Thanks to the wonder that is Pinterest I have incorporated lentils into our main meals and have made my family lentil lovers too!

These three recipes have been a fan favorite at my house!

First up is the Slow Cooker Lentil and Quinoa Chili from Aggie's Kitchen! Anything that I can prep early in the morning and not have to worry about for hours is a lifesaver for me! This meal is delicious! I like topping it with cream cheese (no one else in my family cares for that topping)! and green onions.

Second up is the 6-Ingredient Easy Lentil Tacos from C it Nutritionally. I found this recipe on a whim when I was searching Pinterest based on the ingredients I had in the fridge and voila. This recipe turned up just in the knick of time! So easy and quick to make. This will be added to our dinner rotation for sure!!


Third up is the Vegan Lentil Loaf from Yummy Mummy Kitchen. This recipe was surprisingly so easy to whip up! Tasted just like meatloaf but obviously way healthier! We ate it with a side of salad and grilled asparagus. I'll be honest my kids did not want to eat this when they first saw it but after they took a bite they were hooked! 


I am already on the hunt for some more lentil recipes! If you have any good ones send them my way!

ps I always buy these lentils from Trader Joe's and used them in all the recipes above!

xoxo
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!