Oct 1, 2017

hocus pocus family costume

It is officially my favorite time of year!

Halloween is just around the corner and we are trying to finalize costumes over here!

While I am avoiding making the hubbies costume, I will relish in memories of past Halloween costumes.

Two years ago we dressed up as Max, Thackery Binx, Dani, and Allison from Hocus Pocus.

It was by far my favorite costumes ever!


I fell in love with Hocus Pocus back in 1993 when I was just 5 years old and every year after that it has still remained my favorite movie of all time. 
A few fun facts:
1. For a very long time I watched Hocus Pocus every single morning as I got ready for school.
2. My first copy of the movie was an old vhs tape I used to record it off the tv. So when I watched the movie it also included commercials haha!
3. I am pretty sure that vhs I used may have been my older sisters 8th grade graduation video tape. Sorry sissy!
4. I am quite proud to say that both my girls are very fond of this beloved movie of mine and my oldest is the one who picked our costumes that year.

The best part of our costumes was  how easy they were to pull off (with the exception of Dani of course)!

For Max:
Navy or Grey cap with an upside down backwards "G" (I used this iron on)
Blue t-shirt 
Jeans
If its not boiling hot a Quilted Bomber jacket like this or this

For Thackery Binx:
Black Cat ears
Black tail (optional)
Black shirt or onesie
Black leggings or tights 

For Allison:
White or Cream Shirt
Khaki or Brown Cardigan like this or this
Jeans
Booties like this or this

I couldn't be more excited to share my super easy diy Dani costume with you all this week!

xoxo
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!